_

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tie Dye For

Chelsea Flower Vest (adorable style here), Leu by Wilfred Dress, L.A.M.B HeelsMicha Design Cuff

We must talk about these shoes. I saw them in Vegas and fell madly in love, but they didn't have my size so I left devastated. I was about to board my flight and I had to buy them right there in the airport on my phone. I HAD to! I could not wait one more second. We were destined to be together...HA! Obviously when I received them in the mail I was beyond excited to wear them. One problem...I noticed they were my first pair of shoes with an ankle strap. I mean I am a shoe addict, how did I not try out this style before? I experimented a lot trying to figuring out what to wear them with. I wanted to show off the detail of the shoe, but I didn't want them to make my legs look shorter  (I def can't afford that to happen!!) So here are some tips I learned throughout my trials and errors: 
    1. Stick to basic colors--let the shoe stand out and make sure the colors are complimenting the shoe, not competing with it 
    2. Avoid capris or pants that cut you off at the calf--it creates a distraction, which cuts your leg off in a strange place. You won't look as long and lean
    3. Avoid form fitting styles--I found a more loose silhouette was more leg-lengthening
I would love to hear how you would wear these shoes! Let me know your thoughts :)

Lots of Love xoxo
Darby
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for commenting! It means the world to me! Now I am smiling from ear to ear! LOVE YOU XOXO